Hi. I am sitting here watching American Idol extra. We recorded it last night but I didn't get a chance to watch it so that is what I am doing now. I am so glad that David Cook won, although I do feel that David Archalueta has a wonderful bright career ahead of him. Both were such talents. After watching David Cook on this show, it is such a nice person. I really like him.
The last several days I haven't done much except work. I still have to work tomorrow and then I am off for three days. I am so happy about a three day weekend. The weather is suppose to be simply awesome over the three day break. At the moment, I am planning some quiet time and maybe a cookout with my kids.
Thought about making something like this. Recipe follows:
- 2 recipes White Sheet Cake
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/2 pints fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 pints fresh raspberries
- Trim any rough edges from cakes using a serrated knife. Place four strips of parchment paper around the perimeter of a serving platter. Place first layer, bottom side up, on serving platter. Using an offset spatula, spread cake with 2 1/2 cups frosting. Top with remaining layer, bottom side up. Spread entire cake with 5 1/2 cups frosting. Place remaining frosting in a large pastry bag fitted with a star tip (such as Ateco #35). Remove parchment paper strips.
- Using the tip of a toothpick, outline the shape of a flag on the cake. Fill the upper left-hand corner with a single layer of blueberries. Place one row of raspberries across upper edge of cake to form first red stripe. Pipe one row of stars just below raspberries to form first white stripe. Repeat process with remaining raspberries and frosting until you have 7 red and 6 white stripes.
Do you guys have any plans this holiday weekend? Feel free to share. If your going to be out and about, please be careful. Drive safe.
Have a blessed weekend.